Estepona is a thriving town nestled between the Mediterranean Sea and Sierra Bermeja range. Well known as part of the “New Golden Mile” of Costa del Sol, Estepona has turned into one of the most exclusive towns in Costa del Sol. The New Golde Mile is the name given to the area between San Pedro del Alcántara and Estepona, a new expanding area where nature and luxury meet. One of the advantages of this area, is that its development has been carefully planned, without any high-rise constructions and respecting the environment.
This city is a tourist destination well known for its stretch of spotless beaches and the unrivalled amenities and services offered. Its 21km stretch of golden sand and crystal clear water are complemented by several trendy beach bars perfect to sit on their terraces and sip a local wine while having some tapas. The promenade joining the marina and the city center is specially lively in the summer with all sorts of stalls along it.
Take a stroll down the town centre and soak up a truly Andalusian atmosphere. Its charming streets will offer you the best picture of the traditional Spanish style, with its narrow streets full of geranium pots.
Culture buffs are lucky since Estepona is a town exuding a vast cultural heritage displayed in worthy sights such as La Virgen de los Remedios tower which dates from 18th century. The bustling harbour is packed with a great variety of restaurants and bars where you can taste the delights of Estepona’s gastronomy while enjoying the splendid views. You will find different high standard residential complexes offering several leisure areas to practice sports such as golf and water sports.
You won’t get bored here, this is a perfect destination for both couples and families, for golfers and beach lovers. And, of course, for luxury seekers. These are some of our recommendations on what can be done here:
- Safari at Selwo Aventura: Selwo Aventura proposes a great adventure in Africa on the Costa del Sol and make an exciting expedition for its wild territories, to meet the most representative species of the legendary continent such as lions, giraffes, hippos, rhinos, cheetahs, hyenas
- Sailing, diving and other activities related with the sea
- Guided routes by the city centre in Segway and Bikes
- Watching a flamenco spectacle
- Playing Golf: Estepona enjoys optimum weather conditions for golfing. You can enjoy any of its 8 golf courses with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Albayt Resort & Spa – Golf Academy
- Club de Golf El Coto
- El Campanario Golf & Country House
- Paradise Golf Club
- Resina Golf & Country Club
- Valle Romano
So, don’t miss the opportunity of knowing Estepona. It’s quite easy to get there. There are 2 airports nearby. The Málaga airport, 80km away and the Gibraltar airport 45km away. Both airports have regular flights to the main european cities. Once at the local airport, Estepona can be easily reached by car, mainly by motorway in a very comfortable journey. You may want to hire a car once you have landed, and have the freedom of exploring yourself.
Would you like to discover more amazing places of the Costa del Sol? 👇👇👇