Real estate investment is one of the most profitable and secure investments. That is why, if you have a house and you want to make it profitable, it is important that you know some ways to increase the value of a home. This way, with an investment that is not too high, you make sure that your home is more attractive to potential buyers and leaves a better impression on them. Read on to find out how you can achieve this.
Tips for increasing the value of a home
To help you increase the value of your home when selling or renting it, follow the tips below.
Improve energy efficiency
Rising living costs and environmental concerns have made homebuyers increasingly concerned about the energy efficiency of their property. Therefore, if you make some improvements in this regard, you will increase the value of your home for sure:
- Improve the insulation of the property with double-glazed windows or by inserting insulating materials such as rock wool between the partition walls of your home. Insulation is also available for floors and ceilings.
- Install systems that power your home with renewable energy such as solar panels and aerothermal and geothermal systems. In addition, home automation devices can help you control consumption.
- Choose appliances with a good energy efficiency rating and low energy consumption.
These improvements will not only increase the market value of your home, but will also reduce the energy cost for the future owner, making it more attractive in the long term. Read more about the importance of having an energy efficient home here.
Kitchen and bathroom refurbishment
As they are two of the most important and most used spaces in a home, it is important that they are in good condition, well laid out and have all the necessary facilities.
Making improvements to the kitchen and bathrooms without having to invest a large amount of money can make all the difference. You don’t need marble, heated towel rails, underfloor heating or designer fittings.
Some of the improvements you can make are changing the appliances for more modern and efficient ones, changing the furniture, worktops and taps. In the bathroom, putting in a new shower tray, new mirrors or wall coverings can also be key.
More space and more storage
After the pandemic and spending more time at home, organisation and space have become much more important.
- More storage: Storage space is essential. Try to have several cupboards, shelves, and find corners that you can make the most of with functional and versatile furniture. If you have built-in wardrobes, that’s a bonus!
- More space: Obviously, the square footage of your home influences the value of your home. So, if your house has additional areas that you don’t use, you can convert it into an extra room, an office, a living room… Adding a room is the most obvious way to enlarge the house, but you can also create more space by improving the basement or making a terrace.
Home staging is one of the most attractive techniques to increase the value of a property. This practice is based on highlighting the strong points of your home through adequate lighting, a cosy and simple decoration that adapts to any taste, absolute cleanliness and the placement of furniture that enhances the functionality of each room.
Decoration plays an important role thanks to paintings, cushions, curtains and other types of accessories that greatly improve the house in the eyes of a potential investor. In this article you can discover in depth how to apply home staging in your home.
Now that you know how to increase the value of your home, if you are thinking of renting your house to get profitability and benefits, in Sonneil Rentals we manage the rental during the whole process, from the online positioning to the management of collections, so that you do not have to worry about anything. If you want more information, do not hesitate to ask for it.