Surely you know some of those ‘vampire people’, who become active at night as if the sun had just risen. Or maybe you’re one of them. If that’s the case, this post will interest you. In any case, dare to discover the charms of the nightlife! Because the good life never goes to sleep, discover what to do in Altea at night.
The edge of the Sierra Helada separates Altea from Benidorm and its two opposite worlds: on the one hand, the evening parties and karaokes of Benidorm nightlife, and on the other hand, there is Altea, which offers the calm of a Mediterranean town with the vibe of a leading tourist destination, but without hardly noticing it.
It is an unparalleled Mediterranean setting: narrow streets and warm night breezes. Altea is great for going out at night and letting yourself be surprised.
Do you want to know what to do in Altea at night? Today at Sonneil we are taking you on a tour through our favorite options… First round is on us! Are you in?
(And, if you love museums, here you can discover the top five museums on the Costa Blanca).
What to do in Altea at night? | Top Plans
Altea is just a short distance away from the bustling city of Benidorm. As the popular saying goes: Altea is for love while Benidorm is for partying.
Nothing could be further from the truth: Altea offers the opportunity to spend the night among its charming narrow streets… and, certainly, to breathe that fragrant salty breeze that comes in every night.
What’s the best part? Due to its size, in Altea you have everything at hand: whether it’s an intimate restaurant or a chill-out club. Unlike Benidorm, where this kind of place is usually on the outskirts, in Altea you only need to take a short walk to find different atmospheres… Could you possibly ask for more?
If you are wondering what to do in Altea at night, here are some options:
- Enjoy a concert in the Palau de Altea: whether it is to see a symphony orchestra, a flamenco show or a ballet, this option is perfect if you are a culture lover. And, even if you are not, we also recommend this experience.
- Night visit to the Castillo Conde de Alfaz. This impressive castle on the outskirts of Altea offers the experience of knowing all its secrets, stories and legends… at night. That’s right, you can even finish your visit with a meal in an authentic medieval style (cutlery, what for?). And, to top it all off, there is nothing better than a visit to the underground dungeon. Cozy, right?
- Take a walk or, rather, get lost in the historic center of the city. We recommend you to go out without a plan and let yourself be guided by the lights and the cobbled alleys that will surely take you to an unexpected restaurant or bar. A mojito is always a good choice!
- A night walk around the Plaza Mayor where you can also dance in one of the nearby clubs.
- Try some craft beers at Cervezas Althaia. The craft beer boom has arrived in Altea, and this is the best place to enjoy this experience on the Costa Blanca: it is a small bar/shop, with an intimate and unique atmosphere where you can learn about the origin and process of the beer you have in your hand. Cheers!
- Enjoy a good concert at the Rock & Roll House. And here we come to one of the must-see places if you’re wondering what to do in Altea at night: from live concerts to national and international DJ sessions… This is a must in Altea’s nightlife.
- Spend a night in the purest Mediterranean style at La Mascarada. This magnificent place is located right at the church square, or Plaza de la Iglesia, in the old town. Our favorite part is the terrace. Because having a drink on a summer night is exactly how you imagine it: perfect. What’s the best part? They also organize open-air concerts.
Now you know what to do in Altea at night. Heading towards the magic of the Mediterranean is only up to you.
Altea and its calm setting are waiting for you to spend some unforgettable days.
«Altea the beautiful, a sea without fish, a mountain without wood, men without honour, women without modesty». Anonymous.
Do you want to come to the Costa Blanca? At Sonneil we offer you the best properties in Altea.
Would you like to discover more amazing places on the Costa Blanca? 👇👇👇