Marbella is one of the most highly rated Spanish cities as a place to live, thanks to its unique location on the Costa del Sol, the wonderful climate it offers most of the year, and its exclusive and cosmopolitan atmosphere, while retaining the essence of Andalusia. Once the capital of international jet set tourism, Marbella has evolved over the years to become a more affordable city, offering all the essential services for year-round living. The city is known for its excellent quality of life, so choosing the top five residential areas in Marbella is no easy task. Still, in this article we are going to name five of the most popular ones. These are the best areas to live in Marbella.
Which are the best residential areas in Marbella?
Among the best areas to live in Marbella, there are certain locations that stand out above the rest. Let us show you the best ones:
- The Golden Mile. This is the most exclusive residential area of Marbella and also the closest to the sea. It is just over five kilometres long, stretching from Puerto Banús to the centre of Marbella. The Golden Mile is famous for its elegant fashion boutiques and luxury shops, for its lively nightlife and for its wide variety of bars and restaurants.
- Nueva Andalucía. This is another of the most sought-after areas, stretching from Puerto Banús to La Concha mountain. It is also known as the Golf Valley, as it is the area of Marbella with the highest concentration of golf courses and golf clubs. As it is close to the city centre and the sea, it is a very popular location, and housing prices are not as high as in the Golden Mile.
- Marbella Centre/Ports. Perhaps not the most modern area of Marbella, but it still retains its prestige, which is why it is highly sought after by buyers. This area is very convenient, as it has a wide variety of services, leisure areas, schools, etc., and it is close to the beaches.
- Guadalmina. This is another of the best residential areas in Marbella, one of the most sought after by celebrities, divided into two areas according to their proximity to the beaches: upper and lower Guadalmina. Upper Guadalmina stands out for its clubs and magnificent golf courses, as well as for its peaceful setting surrounded by nature. Lower Guadalmina is closer to the beach, just a short walk from Puerto Banús.
- Marbella East/Los Monteros. This is the residential area between the city centre and the municipality of Mijas. Its location is excellent, as it is a very quiet area outside the city centre, but it is close enough so that distance is not an inconvenience. It is also one of the best areas of Marbella due to its tranquillity, its cleanliness, the beautiful forests that surround it and its natural dune beaches. In addition, it is also a more affordable area to live in, which makes it very attractive to new buyers.
Other great areas in Marbella
In addition to the best residential areas in Marbella mentioned above, the city also has other locations that offer a great quality of life and suit all tastes and styles. These include Puerto Banús, San Pedro de Alcántara and La Zagaleta.
Puerto Banús is one of the most popular areas of Marbella and is famous for its luxurious villas, chalets and hotels, as well as its exclusive restaurants and shops, although there are also plenty of bargains to suit all budgets. The heart of Puerto Banús is the quayside, which is dominated by the glitzy yachts and the exquisite ambience.
San Pedro de Alcántara is regarded as the perfect place to relax. Away from the luxuries of Marbella, it is an ideal destination for those seeking tranquillity in a close and friendly environment. A long promenade along the seafront is one of its main attractions, flanked by parks, gardens, beach bars and restaurants.
La Zagaleta is one of the most exclusive and secure residential areas in Marbella, famous for its mansions and villas. It offers a wealth of services such as golf courses, heliport and tennis courts in an exclusive enclave.
Which is the wealthy area of Marbella?
Although Marbella is known for its many and varied luxury urbanisations, the most affluent area par excellence is the Golden Mile, which, as mentioned above, connects the centre of Marbella with Puerto Banús. Its splendour is imprinted on every street: glamorous hotels, high-end fashion boutiques, exclusive restaurants, designer cafés and the best golf clubs.
Now that you know the best areas to live in Marbella, at Sonneil we offer you the most exclusive property developments. Take a look at our properties in Marbella and find your place near the sea.
Discover more wonderful places on the Costa del Sol! 👇👇👇