Having a home on the Spanish coast has many advantages: the sun, the sea, good weather… and the best advantage for foreigners is the possibility of obtaining a Golden Visa. Haven’t you heard of it? The Golden Visa is a special residence visa for investors who acquire a property or make an investment in Spain.
If you obtain this permit, you can live in Spain for up to a year, except if you acquire a property with a deposit contract, in which case the duration is 6 months. Once the year has passed, you can apply for a Residence Permit, which is valid for 2 years and can be extended.
The good life on the Spanish coast at your fingertips.
Advantages of the Spanish Golden Visa
It really is worth getting the Golden Visa. Why? Look at some of the advantages of this residence permit:
- You do not have to spend long periods of time in Spain. You can leave the country without having your Golden Visa revoked.
- You can enter and leave Europe whenever you want without the need for a Schengen Visa. Say goodbye to procedures in consulates and embassies!
- Your relatives will also obtain the residence permit.
- You will obtain a work permit for you and your family members.
- The validity is two years, renewable for successive periods of five years.
Requirements for obtaining the Golden Visa
The advantages of the Golden Visa sound great, right? If you are interested in enjoying them, keep these requirements in mind:
- The value of the property investment must be at least 500,000 euros plus taxes.
- The first 500,000 euros must be tax free.
- The total investment can be distributed in more than one property. For example, it can include a house and a parking space.
- Other requirements include not being a citizen of the European Union, being of legal age, not having a criminal record in the last 5 years, having access to medical insurance during your stay in Spain, having financial means to support you and your family during your stay…
On this website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs you can find out more about the requirements and the steps you must follow to apply for a Golden Visa.
We guarantee that it is worth meeting the requirements to obtain a Golden Visa. Living the good life in Spain is within your reach! Imagine enjoying the paradises of our coasts at all times.
If you need more information, here you can find out more about other necessary procedures when moving to Spain.
At Sonneil we look forward to accompanying you in your search for a place to live your life your way, caressed by sunshine and sea breezes. Will you let us guide you?