Find the best international schools in Spain
Moving to another country is an adventure in which we hope that the new path will lead us to a better destination. If the transition is bearable, the experience will translate into growth, rather than becoming a hindrance on the way.
Among the decisions you will have to make, choosing a school for your children is one of the priorities if you decide to move to Spain. That is why today at Sonneil we will give you some tips on how to get to know the international school scene in Spain so you can choose the best school for your children.
Because the good life is also a good learning.
Educating your children in Spain
Congratulations! You have decided to set a new course in your life. Now all that remains is to offer the best possible education to your children in the new territory, so that they can enjoy the experience to the fullest and improve their present and, of course, future skills.
In this sense, you can find state schools or, if you prefer, you will have at your disposal a wide range of international schools in Spain.
International schools in Spain operate independently and follow their own curriculum, adapted to the educational system model of the country of origin. So, if you prefer to make the transition easier for your children, a school adapted to your country’s curriculum model is an excellent option.
International schools can follow a specific educational model -German, French, English…- but they offer a bilingual setting, so that your children can also learn Spanish.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that Spain offers one of the most diverse and flexible international educational programmes in Europe, thanks to the large population of expatriates who decide to settle in the country.
(For their leisure time after all that studying, look everything you can do with kids in Alicante).
Brief guide | The ABC’s of international schools in Spain
- Periods | There are international schools in Spain for all levels: from kindergarten to high school.
- Costs | The costs of each school vary widely, depending on whether they are subsidized, public or private. As for the price, it can range, for instance, from 2,000 to 10,000 euros per year, depending on the coverage and subsidies.
- Accreditation | If you are going to be in Spain during a certain period of time and then return to your country of origin, it is best to choose an education that can be validated. To do this, verify with your local embassy in your country that the school has the appropriate accreditation.
- Check the curriculum and contact your fellow countrymen to find out their opinion and experience in a particular school.
- Integration and follow-up system | When contacting your preferred schools, do not hesitate to analyse the willingness of the school management to help in the integration and follow-up of your child at school. The collaboration of teachers and the school management is essential to ensure a smoother integration.
Best international schools in Spain
Based on the comments of parents, the top international schools in Spain are the following:
- Sotogrande International School, Sotogrande
- El Limonar International School Murcia, El Palmar
- The British School of Barcelona, Castelldefels
- International College Spain, Alcobendas
- The International School Estepona, El Paraíso
If you were hesitating between a state school or an international school in Spain, we hope that this brief overview will help you understand the educational context a little more and serve as a support in the first days of your new life.
If you still have doubts on how to begin a new life in Spain, in our blog you can check out from all the necessary bureaucracy to the little paradises that make this part of the world a great place to live in.
And to make your transition even easier, at Sonneil we offer you apartments in Spain. We accompany you throughout the process and offer you advice on all aspects, so that you can find the home you are looking for. Our developments are designed to help you find the home you need.
Because a good life begins with a good home.