When buying a new home, we know that there are many options to be considered. Location, size, rooms, orientation, specifications… But it doesn’t stop there, because the procedures when buying a home can become a bit complicated at times.
At Sonneil, we know all the ins and outs of buying a home, and we can advise you so that you don’t get lost along the way. Take a look at all the things involved in this exciting journey and how we can help you:
The purchase of a home is primarily a contract between buyer and seller. It is therefore essential that you know all the details, terms and conditions of what you are signing to avoid any last-minute surprises.
These are some of the legal formalities that you will have to carry out:
- Earnest money deposit agreement. This is a commitment between buyer and seller when buying a second-hand property. The buyer pays an amount as a deposit and a deadline is set for formalising the final contract.
- Title deed and Land Registry report. This is to confirm who owns the property, if everything is in order and to find out if it is free of encumbrances.
- Energy efficiency certificate. This document is issued by a specialised technician and specifies the energy performance of the property.
- First Occupancy Licence and certificate of final completion. If it is a newly built home, the First Occupancy Licence certifies that the property is suitable for habitation. This is essential. Without it, you will not be able to register for utilities. Meanwhile, the certificate of final completion certifies that the home has been built according to the blueprints.
Don’t worry. To help you with contracts, paperwork, documentation… at Sonneil we work with leading law firms who will advise you on the legal details of the transaction.
By the way, we recommend that you use the services of a notary. Here we tell you why.
If you have the necessary funds to buy your home, you will save yourself a few procedures. However, buyers usually have to apply for mortgage loans to pay for their new home.
For this, you will have to consider several options, examine the interest rates offered, the terms, the conditions of the loan…
At Sonneil we help you to obtain financing for your home. We work with the best financial institutions in Spain and we try to get the best deal for you, at the lowest possible cost. In this article we tell you how to get a mortgage in Spain.
After the purchase…
Good! You are now a home owner, but it doesn’t end there. However, what comes next is a lot easier than the previous steps.
At Sonneil, our relationship with our customers does not end after the purchase. Before the handover date, we review the contracts, we take a look at the property… we also accompany you to the notary’s office, we help you arrange your direct debits, home insurance… Our after-sales service is always available.
Check out all the things we can help you with:
Relocations can be stressful, but if everything is well organised, they can even be fun. Here are some tips to help you:
- Choose the date and time carefully to avoid rush hours for easier transportation of heavy loads.
- Hire the services of an experienced moving company that not only offers a good service, but also provides a safe and secure way of moving all kinds of objects. The company should also advise you on transport and how to pack each object according to size and fragility.
- Before making the move, you should speed up the administrative process and get a head start on things like setting up a direct debit for your bills.
Don’t be overwhelmed. Sonneil’s after-sales team will help you with the process to make it as easy as possible for you.
Decoration and furnishing
It’s time to furnish! The options are endless, every house is unique and it is not easy to choose the style for your home. At Sonneil Concept we can help you pick, order and fit your furniture. And the same goes for alarm systems, awnings and glazings.
And if you want a personal touch and would like to do some renovations, we can also put you in touch with specialists and help you manage the different services.
Registration of utilities
Water, electricity, gas, internet… registering your utilities can also be a tedious process.
Which electricity supply should I contract? Which company is the most reliable? What type of gas rate should I choose? You may have many questions. That’s why our after-sales team will keep in touch to help and advise you throughout the process.
And we will also assist you in managing and choosing your home insurance. Could it get better than this?
Make your home profitable
Will you not be living in your new property all year round? Did you buy it as an investment? At Sonneil Rentals we are experts in making your property profitable. We manage the rental of your property with an all-round service, from advertising and positioning of the property to the management of rent collection and cleaning.
Whether as a holiday or as a long-term rental, we will work to maximise your profits. Moreover, Sonneil’s properties are in areas where there is a high demand for rentals, such as the Costa Blanca and the Costa del Sol.
We hope that you feel more at ease now that you know what we can help you with. Please contact us to find out more about what we can do for you:
Now, all you have to do is find the home of your dreams.